We are DABA GO SARL («us», «our»), a company registered in Morocco. We are the data controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation and are registered with the National Data Protection Control Commission (the Moroccan Data Protection Authority) under the number YYYYY. If you have any questions about this policy or would like to contact our data protection officer, please contact us via the application or send an email to [email protected]dabago.net.
There are three types of information we process: (1) the information you provide, (2) the information created when you use features in the application, and (3) information from other sources.
What information do we have and why?
1. Information you provide
When you use our application, you can provide us with (a) personal information; (b) locations and preferences; and (c) direct communications.
a. Personal Information
If you create a Daba Go account, you provide us with your name and email address, which we use to ensure that your registered locations and other customization features are synced to your multiple devices. When you log in using Facebook or Google, we receive your name and email address from them.
b. Locations and Preferences
You can choose to provide us with information about your locations and preferences, such as home, work, registered locations and other travel preferences. We use this information to develop customized journey planning services. We also analyze this data overall to improve the application (for example, by ranking some travel results higher than others).
c. Direct communications
When you contact us (for example when you answer survey questions in the app, report problems, raise queries, etc.), we may receive information about the type of phone you are using, your service provider and, if you have enabled location permissions on your device, the latitude and longitude of your location when you contact us. We use this information to solve application problems.
2. Information created when you use our application
Here are the types of information created when you use our app. We associate this information with a randomly generated installation ID number each time you install the Daba Go application. We use this installation ID to pseudonymize the data we collect from you. We do not access any permanent device identification numbers.
a. Location Information
We use the location data described in this section “Location Information” to improve the results of the application and for the purposes indicated below.
Daba Go app users: If you have enabled your device’s location services, we may collect and use your startup location information when you open the app. If you disable your device’s location services, we only collect the start and end points you manually search for.
When you tap ‘GO’ in the Daba Go app, we collect your location information throughout your trip. We use this data to provide on-the-go support, such as alerting you when to get off a bus.
In addition to your location information, we store your booking details, driver and vehicle information, the date and time of your trip, the amount charged, your pick-up and deposit location, and cancellations. We use this information for operational reasons, such as customer support.
b. Device Information
We collect information about the devices you use to access our application, including the type of computer or device you are using, the installation ID of the application on your device, hardware model, operating system and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred language, time zone settings and device movement information. This information is needed to diagnose bugs and improve the application. We do not collect permanent device identification numbers.
c. Log and Usage Information
Every time you open the app, we collect information about how and when you use it (such as time and date, searches of application features and travel results you select, pages visited, application failures, and other system activities). We use this information to improve our application in multiple ways. For example, fix bugs preventing future accidents and determine which features our users find most useful.
We try to make your application experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our application, our server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (depending on how you access the site or application). Cookies are small pieces of information that are sent to your computer when you visit a website and that store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use only last for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your application. These are known as “session cookies”. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the app and will last longer. These are known as persistent cookies.
Remember that you have already visited us, which allows us to identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to ensure that we have enough capacity for the number of users we get and to; customize the elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the application’s pages; and
gather information about how you use the app so we can improve the app and know which parts of the app are most useful.
Some of the cookies used by our application are set by us and others are set by third party analysis and error reporting companies as described in this policy.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent this or to warn you every time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information about cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers. By blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the app’s functionality.
3. Information from other sources
DabaGo collects the following types of information from other sources.
a. Payment Information
In order to pay for services on the application you will need to provide payment information. Apple and Google collect data on credit or debit cards (“payment card”) related to Daba Go in-app purchases, and our payment processor collects data from the payment card.
b. Login Information
If you log into your DabaGo account using Facebook or Google, we receive your name and email address. We do not collect or use any other information received from these two companies.
How we use your information, summarized.
In summary, we use the information we collect to:
- Provide and improve our application; Create a profile of your preferences so that we can customize the Daba Go application and provide you with relevant transport information;
- Recommend transportation options that match your stated preferences and previous use of the application;
- Administer your account with us, if you have one;
- Verify your identity;
- Process or facilitate payment (through third party payment processing services);
- You send transaction receipts;
- Answer your emails to discuss your use of the application and answer any support questions you may have;
- You send marketing communications by e-mail or in-app notifications, and inform you of our policies and terms or when we launch in your city;
- Identify problems related to the operation of the application and provide accident reports to find a solution for performance problems;
- Improve the design, functionality and/or content of the application pages and customize them for you;
- Research user transportation choices to improve the app; and
- Disclose to legal authorities when required to do so by law, or, where appropriate, in our opinion, respond to their request.
Which third parties receive your information?
From time to time, we may share information with third parties to improve the application and improve the user experience. Wherever possible, we pseudonymize (delete information that identifies you) and minimize the data we send them.
- Search partners: We have search partners like Google, Apple and Foursquare so you can find the places you want to go in the app. They receive the location name you searched for and to make your search results as relevant as possible, they receive your current location (if you have enabled the location services on your device).
- Deeplink Booking Providers (that is, any transport you can book by clicking on the Daba Go app to open a third-party app) providers: These third-party transportation providers in the app, such as Kapten and Uber, receive the pickup and destination locations you enter into our app to provide travel time and rate estimates and (if you choose to book a ride through their apps by clicking on the Daba Go app) to provide you with their transportation services.
- Analytics providers: We use third-party vendors like Mixpanel, Flurry, and Google Analytics to understand what you typed or clicked on the app. They only receive information that someone has typed or used certain features of the application. They organize that information and give it back to us so that we can make improvements to the application.
- Crash/Error Reporting Vendors: We use Crashlytics to report failures you encounter with the application so that we can fix them, and Sentry to report errors with our backend.
- Messaging applications: If you decide to use certain sharing features in our application, you can share your information with these companies, depending on the encryption strategies used by the messaging company. For example, if you use the “Share Directions” feature in the app, a link to your start and end points will be sent via the messaging app. If the messaging application you choose uses end-to-end encryption, your location link cannot be used or intercepted by this messaging application company.
- Communication Platforms: To send you transaction receipts and to send you all other emails and updates on our services, we use communication platforms such as Sendgrid and Mailchimp.
What is our legal basis for processing your information?
We will only process your personal information when we have a legal basis to do so. Our legal basis for processing your personal data includes processing that is necessary for our legitimate interests, which are:
- to search, develop, fix and provide new and customized features for users of the application;
- provide on-the-go support to users and ensure that the application is secure for users;
- accept and administer user payment;
- verify the identity of users in order to prevent fraudulent or unauthorized use of our services; and
- prevent violations of our terms and policies or prevent harmful or illegal activities;
- necessary for the performance of our contract with you (e.g. so that passengers and drivers can meet, and to give you the route options you requested);
- necessary to comply with relevant legal and regulatory requirements; and
- on the basis of your consent (for example, when you provide us with marketing consents), which may be withdrawn at any time by contacting us at the email address specified below.
What are your rights regarding the personal data we hold about you?
You have the legal right to request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do so, contact us at [email protected]. Please use the subject line “DSAR” and include details of the personal information you are looking for. You will need to have created an account so that we can provide you with your information because without an account, we are not able to connect your installation ID to a verifiable email address. You must have access to the email address you used when you created the account so that we can verify your identity.
We store your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services and products. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information if you believe that we no longer need it for the purposes for which it was provided, if you wish to withdraw your consent (and we have no other legal basis for using the data), or if we do not use your information in a legal matter. For legal reasons, we may not always be able to delete your information.
If you ask us to delete your personal information by emailing us at [email protected], please use the subject line “Account Deletion”.
Note that residual copies may take longer to be deleted from our backup systems that cannot be replaced immediately. When residual copies are still kept on our backup systems, they are simply kept on the system and are not used for other purposes. We will keep a record of your request to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
We will keep a record of your request to ensure compliance with legal obligations.
6. Opt-out marketing
You have the right at any time to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by writing to us at [email protected] or by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the marketing emails and you will be unsubscribed accordingly. Please note that sometimes it may take a short time to update our records for these purposes. In addition, we may still send you non-promotional, transactional or account information.
We may send you information that we believe you may find useful (e.g., subway and streetcar disruptions that are relevant to you) or that you have requested from us via push notification and/or email (if desired). You may decline to receive further notifications or emails if you wish.
How we protect your information.
We attach great importance to the security of all information associated with our users. We use measures such as encryption, aliases, access to information controls and firewalls.
Keep in mind that submitting information on the Internet and mobile networks is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the information you submit via the application while it is in transit on the Internet or mobile networks and any such submission is at your own risk.
How long we keep your information.
By providing you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records, payment records and activity records. We manage our records to help us serve our users well and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are fulfilling our responsibilities and that we are proof of our commercial activities.
The length of time records are retained depends on the type of record, the nature of the activity, the product or service, and the applicable legal or regulatory requirements. How long we keep your information may change depending on business or legal and regulatory requirements. In certain circumstances, we may keep data longer if we need it (because it is in our legitimate interest and/or if required by law).
In which countries will your personal information be returned?
The information you submit via the application is sent and stored on secure servers located in Morocco, other countries of the European Economic Area and the United States. The information you have submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above.
Do you collect information about children?
What happens if you have a complaint?
We work hard to treat your information responsibly. If you are not satisfied with the way we do this, please contact our data protection officer by email at [email protected].
However, you also have the right to lodge a complaint about Daba Go’s data processing activities with our main supervisory authority, the National Data Protection Control Commission. Our registration number is YYY.
Comment entrer en contact avec nous.